Date: 3/7/18 7:46 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: baby Anna's Hummingbird
Hi Andy,

Based on what we see on the south coast I would call it “normal” for
hatched young. Not sure if that works for Portland area but birds fledged
here several weeks ago. I think Annas have two+ broods per year and start
very early these days. Definitely worth keeping tabs on...

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018, Andy Frank <andydfrank...> wrote:

> The Anna's Hummingbird nest in NW Portland that I posted about last week
> now has at least 2 hatched young.
> A couple of photos are at
> Checking Birds of Oregon: A General Reference, it mentions young or
> fledglings mid-Mar through early July, so if I'm reading that right, this
> nest is a little early.
> Andy Frank

Join us on Facebook!