Date: 3/7/18 12:41 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Long-eared Owls, Pershing SP, Linn Co.
I found a single LEOW in a Willow Thicket this morning at Pershing. Then on down I found a roost site where three more had been. Then in the next thicket I found the three. I had possibly spooked them while going through the thick roost area. They then flew back to that area, I left so as not to disturb them further.  I also had a Northern Harrier and Rough-legged Hawk near there and two very vocal Red-shouldered Hawks in the woods.Flushed a couple of Woodcock while walking back to the parking lot. Was surprised to hear the first Fish Crow of the year on the way.
White-winged Dove back in the yard this morning. Seems to be molting into breeding plumage. Wonder if it will stick around longer?
Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston <Co.dmkinder...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock
Details and online registration at:
Join us on Facebook!