Date: 3/7/18 6:55 am
From: Howard Wu via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Has anyone tried the Woodcocks at Occoquan Bay?

I understand in this season American Woodcocks are seen at Occoquan Bay
NWR. Last month there were reports of them in the parking lot near the
entrance. However, there have not been reports since Feb. 27 on eBird.

Is this because nobody has tried, or people did not report, or maybe the
"bomb cyclone" dispersed the birds? Any ideas?

Also, when the Woodcocks were seen, were they mostly observed in the
morning (most reports I saw were for the mornings)? How about after sunset?

I am planning to go there in the coming days, any info would be appreciated.

Howard Wu
Herndon, VA