Date: 3/6/18 3:43 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Chatfield - Littleton 3/6
DFOs field trip to the SW Metro Area hop-skipped at spots from Chatfield to
Littleton this morning, grateful that yesterday's wind had blown through,
but shivering in the light breeze blowing across the marina sandspit in
"feels like" single digits. The sandspit had our first *Cinnamon Teal* for
the year, on the tires. The *Yellow-billed Loon* was easy to find from the
old heronry overlook, located north of the platform. The *Brant
*lately frequenting
Ketring Park was grazing with Cackling Geese at nearby Gallup Park. We were
amazed how hard it was to pick out from among the Cacklers at times, even
though it was on the near side of the flock.The continuing early* Eastern
Phoebe* was very cooperative at Lee Gulch at Lower Ridgewood Park, foraging
right along the graded dirt area at the small parking lot. The trip ended
with a visit to S. Platte Park's Northern Wildlife Area, where we found an
imm. *Golden Eagle *(notable for the City of Littleton area), a
continuing *Yellow-rumped
Warbler* and others.

After the trip I had occasion to check Lee Gulch downstream of Windemere,
where I found a *Hermit Thrush* and *Ruby-crowned-Kinglet*.

Back home for me at Ken Caryl Valley, the wintering *Harris's Sparrow* has
been visiting my yard for 86 days now. A *Chukar* made an unexpected visit
to my back yard feeding station from Feb 25-28. It was tame, yet wild, but
an escape/release, of course.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO

To view this discussion on the web visit<CAGj6Ror5w3PF8FXr7Yb0hrzXbLNsHZiFOgT0HF0wukSGw4AVNQ...>
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!