Date: 3/6/18 12:01 pm
From: Nathan Hall <hallnatec...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Ducks at Scarborough Marsh
After a doctor's appointment, I slipped down to Scarborough Marsh, Eastern
Trail this afternoon to look for the Gadwalls which had been reported on
eBird earlier this morning.

Not only did I find the Gadwalls (FOY), but I also found a second pair for
a total of 4. There was also about 15 Northern Pintails, 30+ Green-winged
Teals (FOY), numerous Mallards and American Black Ducks, a few Common
Goldeneyes, a few Red-breasted Mergansers, and about 4 Hooded Mergansers
(at the Audubon Center).

The Gadwalls, Northern Pintails, and Green-winged Teals were all on the
southeast side of the trail on the side of the pannes closest to the river.
A scope was definitely needed to see them.

Here is my full checklist.

Be well,
Nathan Hall
Portland, ME