Date: 3/6/18 10:07 am
From: Bill McGovern via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Thanks for the Sapsucker discussions!

I'm very grateful for all the discussion about sapsuckers, and I have
learned a lot over the past few days. I now know that 1) most sapsucker
species will interbreed, especially on the edges of their ranges, 2) we
should be on the lookout for sapsucker hybrids, and 3) in our area, we
should be on the lookout for red napes--I would never have noticed, were it
not for these discussions. Thanks to all who contributed over the past few

I don't know if one of the purposes of VA-Bird is education, but it
should be! I think we need more of this!