Date: 3/5/18 7:49 pm
From: Peggy Wang <00000454f4164bea-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Big white owl N Olmsted
As I was driving home tonight about 9pm by the Great Northern Mall, I saw a large white owl fly over I-480 near the on-ramp to E I-480 from Great Northern Blvd. I was stopped at a light that turned green just as I was trying to get a better idea of its size & had a car right behind me so I only got one decent view of it as it flew S to N over I-480 lit by the street lamps. It was fairly low but well above the traffic and nearby rooftops.

Quite large with a wide wingspan and a powerful flight so I’m presuming it was a Snowy Owl (especially since a Barn Owl would be even less likely). I’m not aware of any recent sightings of Snowies from Hopkins Airport but certainly this wasn’t far from those airfields.

V cool view if a bit jarring to see it flying over 6 lanes of traffic & illuminated by street lights. Beautiful!

Peggy Wang

Sent from my iPhone

Please consider joining our Society, at