Date: 3/5/18 7:45 pm
From: Michael Linz <mplinz...>
Subject: Fwd: Bald Know NWR
I also went to BK today. I went a little past the rookery just before the
road became flooded. There were thousands of ducks there. Mostly Mallards
and Green-wing Teal. There were a few Gadwalls and Pintails in the mix and
a single Blue-wing Teal. In the brush before the rookery there were some
Wood Ducks. There were about 100 Mallards in the woods before you get to
the visitor center. A couple of Lesser Scaup and one Greater Scaup to
finish off the day. I think I saw 12 species of ducks. It was pretty cool
to see all the ducks after being out of the state for a while in an area
were duck are not numerous.

There were Snow Geese and Greater White-fronted Geese flying over.

The only shorebirds I saw was a single Killdeer and a few Greater

Lots of sparrows and a Winter Wren were along the road.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Terry Butler <twbutler1941...> wrote:

> Lots and lots of water. No shorebirds seen. Did see several Red-tailed
> and Harrier Hawks. Also saw lots of Northern Shovelers, Green-winged Teal.
> a few Mallard and Gadwall Ducks. There were also a half dozen Pied-billed
> Grebes, 4 Horned Grebes, a couple of Buffleheads, a couple of Hooded
> Mergansers, and half dozen Ruddy Ducks.

Join us on Facebook!