Date: 3/5/18 6:44 pm
From: James F Flynn Jr <jim.flynn...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Eastern Whip-poor-wills & Snow Goose, SE GA, 3/4/2018
Hi folks, on my way to the coast yesterday, I stopped at a few places in
Treutlen Co. to listen for American Woodcock. While I didn't hear any
woodcock, I did hear a handful of Eastern Whip-poor-wills in the western
part of the county. On my way home (again to try to find American
Woodcock), I stopped at several places in northeastern Appling County and
heard several more whip-poor-wills along E. River Rd. near Moody Forest.

I also stopped by Lake Lindsay Grace (western Wayne Co., west of Jesup, GA)
to look for waterfowl. The lake was fairly busy with boating activity &
devoid of ducks, but there was an adult Snow Goose feeding with a handful of
Canada Geese at a pasture pond adjacent to the park. The bird has been there
at least for a couple of days, as noted by lake residents.

Take care,

Jim Flynn

Forsyth Co., GA

Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>