Date: 3/5/18 5:38 pm
From: Jon Houghton <jon.houghton...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Waterville Plateau today
Hi Tweets - Quick report from the Waterville Plateau today. Beautiful and calm afternoon. Bill Boyington found us some GRAY PARTRIDGE at the 90 degree corner in 172 west of Mansfield. I countered with a nice pale PRAIRIE FALCON on a pole just east of Mansfield and he upped the ante with a nice.big<http://nice.big> flock of COMMON REDPOLLS at the farm where H Rd East heads north from 172. Farther north on H, I was very fortunate to pick out a nice SNOWY OWL (0.9 MI north of 17th). Although he moved away from the road a bit, we stayed on him long enough to call in Bill, as well as Kevin Aunerud for nice looks. Kevin offered up a huge flock of SNOW BUNTING just a bit farther north on 17. I'm thinking about 500 or so! We topped off the day with distant looks at 5 SHARP-TAILED GROUSE on the way down Bridgeport hill Road. Kevin was in the Grove when they flew in and sez there were 8 or 10 in the flock. Highlands tomorrow. Happy Birding! Jon Houghton, Edmonds

Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!