Date: 3/5/18 4:26 pm
From: Eduardo del Solar <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Salisbury/Plum Island, images
Yesterday I went birding/photographing to the mouth of the Merrimack River at the height of the tide. While entering Salisbury State Park, I immediately saw a snowy perched on a dead tree on the marsh side of the road. At the boat ramp a couple of large rafts of long-tailed ducks, 40-50 on each raft, was feeding actively. A first for me, had not seen so many of these guys in such beautiful plumage together! A Common Loon, a fly-bye adult Bald Eagle and a couple of white-winged female Scoters were also present at the mouth of the Merrimack River. The surf waves were really strong! Not a bad start of the day. Later on as the light was starting to fade I went to Plum Island. A few red-wing Blackbirds were present. Another dark snowy was perched on the marsh side, just behind one of the pools. Lucky for me it flew over my head towards the beach to perch for the night!
Below is the link to images from the day.
Eduardo del Solar
Boston, Mass
My website

Join us on Facebook!