Date: 3/5/18 9:39 am
From: Rankin, Gary <rankin...>
Subject: White-winged scoter still at Robert C. Byrd Locks & Dam, etc.
Yesterday morning, Mike Griffith and I spent about 2 hours birding at the Robert C. Byrd Locks & Dam, Green Bottom WMA and along Rte 2. I wanted to see if the White-winged Scoter at still at RCBL&D, which it was. We also saw the Blue-winged teal at Ashton Ponds and about 200 Tree Swallows at Green Bottom.

Later in the day, I took a break from some work I was doing and located a Pine Warbler on Mt. Vernon Ridge Rd in Wayne Co. Interestingly, I also heard a Barred Owl off Falls Branch Road calling about 3 pm, which was very unexpected.

Gary Rankin
Lavalette, WV
Wayne Co.
Join us on Facebook!