Date: 3/5/18 9:14 am
From: David Boltz via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Pine Warbler & Pine Siskin - Lake Frederick, Frederick Co.
Upon opening my curtains this morning I had a single Pine Siskin at our feeder. After breakfast I did a little neighborhood birding and found a Pine Warbler at a location in our neighborhood where this species was present all last spring and summer, but we never could confirm their breeding, even though we found first year birds at the end of summer. Now if I could only find a Pine Grosbeak I’d have a pine trifecta (ha, ha).

The only waterfowl found on the lake was a pair of Mallards, 2 Pied-billed Grebes, and about 25 Canada Geese. I did find all 7 woodpecker species throughout the neighborhood.

Dave Boltz
Lake Frederick