Date: 3/5/18 2:47 am
From: Patti Reum via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] a bit of birding in Highland County
I was able to get out a few times this past weekend, both walking and by
car. I was excited to read Diane's posting, so thought I might see a
Golden Eagle, but no luck. One thing I realized was how difficult it is to
spot birds when you are driving! I did see 2 pairs of Wood Ducks, a
beautiful pair of Hooded Mergansers, several kestrels (some were near the
nesting boxes!) and many Red-winged Blackbirds. Saw a pair of killdeer
near a pond on Laurel Fork Rd. The last date I have even seen a GOEA here
is March 17th, so getting a bit late! At this point, there is no snow at
all on the ground out here.

Patti Reum