Date: 3/4/18 3:20 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Reynoldsbirg-Blacklick,3-04:Rusties,siskin
Winter residents were on the move in this southeast Columbus suburb. I
stopped at Blacklick Ridge Park, Blacklick Woods, Reynoldsburg Civic Park,
and Pine Quarry Park, and had numbers of winter 'migrants'. Included in
the tally were

Killdeer - birds at nearly every stop, with 3 at Reynoldsburg Civic Park
the high
Woodcock - 1 was flushed from a thicket in Blacklick Ridge Park
Blue Jays - small flocks at many locations, with 14 at Blacklick Ridge the
Horned Lark - a flyover at Blacklick Woods heading north was the only one
Winter Wren - 1 was still lurking in the ravine at Pine Quarry Park
Brown Creeper - still scarce, but did have 1 at Pine Quarry
Juncos - small flocks at several areas, with 16 at Blackiick Woods the high
Red-winged Blackbirds - widespread and common
Rusty Blackbirds - 4-5 were with a flock of Grackles at Blacklick Woods
around a vernal pool
Grackles - small flocks at many different areas
Pine Siskin - 1 was singing in the pine woods at Pine Quarry Park

Also notable were missing species: no Tree Sparrows or E.Towhees, so
presumably our winter residents of these species are already heading out.

Please consider joining our Society, at