Date: 3/4/18 2:54 pm
From: Julia Hanauer-Milne <windyridgemaine...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Snowy owls and turkey vultures
I don’t get down to Portland much anymore, so correct me if there’s a fake
owl on the green bayside village complex next to 295. Otherwise I think I
saw a snowy owl sitting on the roof just now.

I did see a snowy owl at the jetport earlier. Would be nice if it was a
two-owl day.

I also saw a huge kettle of turkey vultures about a mile north of exit 48
on the turnpike. There were at least 20 birds in the group plus others
sitting on a communication tower.

Maine birds mailing list
For more options, visit

Join us on Facebook!