Date: 3/4/18 2:15 pm
From: CABOT WILLIAMS via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Franklin's Gull in Gloucester
About 1 PM today, I had what I think was a Franklin's Gull at the fishing pier on York River in Gloucester County. It was in the water inshore of the pier. The head plumage and bill color was half way between winter adult and breeding. It had the distinctive white spots on the tail and dark gray wings. The split eye ring seemed bolder than a Laughing Gull. I could not see the wing tips or leg color because it stayed in the water. How unusual is this?

Hayes Williams