Date: 3/4/18 1:45 pm
From: Jon Diller <000000e7eb05d7da-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Osprey
While birding in Fulton county today I observed a Osprey at the Fulton pond area near Swanton,Ohio.
I watched this bird that was perched in a tree about 1/4 mile from me and my first impression was that it was a third year bald eagle.
I had the sun in face so I kept watching the bird as I walked closer to get a better view.
When I was about 1/10 of a mile from the bird It flew towards me and it was then that I had a excellent view of the Osprey as it flew overhead at less than 100 feet. what a great sighting but It seems very early for a Osprey to be in this area.
Also checked the local county reservoirs,Wauseon,Delta and Archbold and all three had horned grebes present.

Please consider joining our Society, at