Date: 3/4/18 12:57 pm
From: Richard Tucker <rickt...>
Subject: red-headed woodpeckers
Saturday Jane and I went out to Big Hill Res. (about 10 miles west of our
farm) to visit our son and his family who were camping on a beautiful day.
As I sat there on a picnic table, I noticed at least 6 Red-headed
woodpeckers working the oak trees within my view. Also saw a Pileated
Woodpecker. I have noticed an abundance of Red-headed woodpeckers this fall
in SEK, I think due to the extremely heavy mast crop this year. Pecans and
acorns have been unbelievable.

Rick Tucker

Labette County

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to