Date: 3/4/18 10:46 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Morning Birds
In Davis this morning, we looked for the Ross's Goose. It must have left
before the storm. There were only Canada Geese feeding in patches of grass
where the snow has melted.

While driving home, we took Cortland Road through Canaan Valley. There was
a lone Eastern Meadowlark looking cold and lonely. At Beall Lane on the
Blackwater River tributary, we saw two pairs of Mallards. Then on the
Blackwater River where Route 32 crosses it, there were two male and one
female Hooded Mergansers.

At the south end of the valley, four Turkey Vultures were feeding on a deer
carcass along with two American Crows. They were the first vultures up here
this "spring." We saw two more soaring down around Dry Fork.

Okay, I know it isn't spring yet, but with birds starting to arrive back,
it is starting to feel like it despite the weather of the past few days.
Herb Myers, Harman, from Randolph County and also Tucker County
Join us on Facebook!