Date: 3/4/18 10:09 am
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: GRA, Spring Waterfowl trip. 3/3/18
We did our annual Grand River Audubon, first wknd of March, Spring Waterfowl trip, yesterday to Fountain Grove CA and Swan Lake NWR. We enjoyed a nice day, despite battling the strong wind! Had 21 species of Waterfowl, plus PB Grebe, White Pelicans, DC Cormorant, and American Coot. Found quite a few other First of Year birds, including a pair of Sandhill Cranes, a Lesser and a Greater Yellowlegs, a few Eastern Phoebes, flock of 10 or more American Pipits, and couple of Tree Swallows. Other highlights were Rusty Blackbirds in multiple locations, dozens of Bald Eagles, and a closeup Red-shouldered Hawk perched on a fence post along the road surrounded by open fields! One of the Joys of Birding - never knowing what you might find!
Thanks to Dianne and Myrna Carlton for manning, [womanning?], the Visitor Center at Swan Lake, where they had many people coming in while they were there.
Common Grackles feeding in the yard last few days. Only seeing couple of Pine Siskens now. Purple Martins reported in the Jamesport area, Daviess County couple of days ago.
Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston <Co.dmkinder...>

ASM Website:
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
Join us on Facebook!