Date: 3/4/18 7:09 am
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: HV County Sunday AM
The Grackles are back with three Common Grackles in my yard this AM.

I spent about an hour at the SW 14th Street Wetlands (Newton, Harvey
County) this AM and found waterfowl numbers way down from two weeks ago
Ducks were in with 8 species (Mallard, Green-winged Teal, Northern
Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Ruddy Duck, Bufflehead Lesser Scaup and the
most common species, Ring-necked Duck). Canada Geese were present but few.
Killdeer were represented by three individuals. No herons this AM.

Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen
Newton, KS

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to