Date: 3/4/18 6:27 am
From: Susan Hedman <2winterwren...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Stormbirds Gloucester 3/3
While running around Gloucester looking at the amazing waves and the extent
of the damage, I stopped at Jodrey Fish Pier. I had never seen the water
this high in the inner harbor. There were some of regular suspects, long
tailed ducks, common eider, horse head seal. I also found 3 Black
Guillemots and 4 Common Loons sheltering in Cripple Cove. I also had a
flock of 25 Crows in my yard in the morning and found my first flock (12)
of Common Grackles in a tree by Near Good Harbor.
This was the second Saturday BBC trip on Cape Ann that I had to cancel due
to a nor’easter, as I had a trip scheduled on January 4 too. It was cool
checking out the coast, but it would not have been good with a birding
group as many of our birding locations were in accessible. Today should be
a bit better as roads were being cleared yesterday.

Susan Hedman

Susan Hedman, Gloucester
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

Join us on Facebook!