Date: 3/4/18 5:20 am
From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe...>
Subject: [texbirds] request for Winter sightings for North American Birds
Did you see anything really interesting this winter? Want us to mention it
in North American Birds?

The winter reporting season for North American Birds (NAB) started on
December 1st and ended on February 28th. This is a plea/request for observers
to submit their interesting Texas sightings to us in preparation for the
Texas portion of the report.

NAB is published four times a year by the American Birding Association and
contains seasonal sightings/summaries for just about all regions of North
America, including Canada, the US, Mexico as well as central America and
some of the Caribbean islands. More information about NAB can be found at:

The winter season extends from 1 December to 28 February and we would like
to receive your reports of interesting bird sightings for this period by no
later than March 20th. Please send your sightings DIRECTLY TO The SUB-REGIONAL
EDITOR listed below. Some of you might assume that a Texbirds post, or even
an eBird submission, will be picked up by your NAB sub-regional editor, and
will serve as your contribution. This is not necessarily the case. Not only
is it quite easy to miss a Texbirds post or eBird submission, we do NOT
always assume that sightings posted to those mediums are necessarily
intended by the observer as something that can or should be published in
North American Birds. Therefore, please report directly to the editor for
the area of your sighting, even if it is just as a carbon-copy (cc or bcc)
of a Texbirds report. Help us separate the wheat from the chaff by sending a
note to the proper editor below.

Thanks to Bert Frenz, there is a listing of the Texas counties included for
each of the reporting sub-regions at:

The names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of each of Texas' North American
Birds sub-regional editors follows. We encourage you to send your seasonal
sightings and summaries to the appropriate one:

Trans-Pecos (east of Hudspeth County): Eric Carpenter, 4710 Canyonwood
Drive, Austin, TX 78735.

email: <ecarpe...>

El Paso and Hudspeth Counties: Jim Paton, 4325 Boy Scout Lane, El Paso, TX

Email: <jnpaton...>

South Texas: Willie Sekula 7063 Co. Rd. 228, Falls City, TX 78113-2627.

email: <wsekula...>

East Texas: Bert Frenz 221 Rainbow Dr., #12190, Livingston, TX 77399-2021.

email: <bert2...>

Central Texas: Eric Carpenter 4710 Canyonwood Drive, Austin, TX 78735.

email: <ecarpe...>

Northwest Texas (Panhandle, South Plains): Anthony Hewetson 4407 36th St.,
Lubbock TX 79414.

email: <fattonybirds...>

Upper Texas Coast: Ron Weeks 110 Indian Warrior, Lake Jackson, TX 77566

email: <ronweeks...>

North-central Texas: Ross Rasmussen 1325 S. Goliad St. Apt. 1302, Rockwall,
TX 75087-4669.

email: <ross.rasmussen...>

We are encouraging everyone to join us in the process of sharing your
and sightings from your area. You may contribute something of lasting
value; information which we may have missed without your help.

Eric Carpenter

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!