Date: 3/3/18 4:20 pm
From: Will Sweet <wsweet321...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Canvasback, Barrow's Goldeneye- Lake Massapoag, Sharon
Mass Birders,

Over the past few days there has been a nice variety of waterfowl at Lake
Massapoag in Sharon. On February 27, I found a male Canvasback on the lake
in with a flock of Canada Geese. It is still present as of this afternoon,
associating with a flock of scaup.

On March 1, after alerting Liam Waters that I had refound the Canvasback
from the Community center on the south side of the lake, we ran into each
other and watched the waterfowl coming to roost in the lake. While scanning
through the waterfowl, Liam spotted a Barrow's Goldeneye with Common
Goldeneye. Although it was pretty dark we got decent enough views to
confirm the ID. As of this afternoon the bird is still present.

Other notable birds in the lake include a Red-throated Loon and a Horned

Best birding,

Will Sweet
Wheaton College '17
Sharon, MA