Date: 3/3/18 1:25 pm
From: Carol Riddell <cariddellwa...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Backup Optics
As my birding intensified, I upgraded from perfectly decent, waterproof Pentax 8 x 42 binoculars to Swarovskis. I have been without my Swaros twice for extended periods, once for a servicing and once because I left them in Sweden. (That's a funny story on its own.) It worked out really well to have my older Pentax binoculars in the house and available for use. Except in some rare conditions and in those critical dawn and dusk moments, the Pentax binoculars served me very well while I was waiting on the return of the Swaros. For those who can afford it, having a less expensive backup pair of binoculars is really handy.

There is no excuse for the poor servicing by Leica, as described in earlier posts, but a backup pair of less costly optics can ease the pain and and allow for continued birding fun. I have also held onto an older, smaller scope for that same reason.

Carol Riddell
Tweeters mailing list
Join us on Facebook!