Date: 3/3/18 11:07 am
From: <tomboulian...>
Subject: [Tweeters] western tanager continues
After returning from a southern Costa Rica birding trip for 10 days (260 species, 39 lifers), I was pleased to find the female western tanager still visiting my back yard feeders, which she has been doing since Dec 15. I think that’s 78 days now. She has expanded her feeding horizons beyond suet and now is a regular sunflower seed eater. Not as exciting perhaps as the numerous colorful tanagers we encountered in Costa Rica, although we did find a female Western unexpectedly down there as well, but the vignette of a tanager, varied thrush, and yellow-rumped warbler in my backyard took me back there for a minute. I put a new picture on today’s e-bird report just to confirm

Mark Tomboulian

Shoreline, WA
Tweeters mailing list

Join us on Facebook!