Date: 3/2/18 11:21 am
From: Craig Holt <0000005e41671c14-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Mahoning Co. birds
I checked a few spots in E Mahoning Co. today.  Started at Evans L., had lesser scaup, buffleheads, hooded mergansers, and common mergansers there.  Next I went to Pine L.  It was nearly devoid of waterfowl, but I did see 2 bald eagles.  From there I went to Beaver Twp.  At the lake behind Avion Banquet Center were 25 tundra swans, red-breasted mergansers, ruddy duck, and horned grebe.  Last stop was at Mill Creek Preserve Wetlands, where I saw a pair of Am. kestrels.  Also, a couple days ago I went to McGuffey Wildlife Preserve in Coitsville Twp. and heard 2 Am. woodcocks at dusk.  Craig Holt, Lowellville

Please consider joining our Society, at