Date: 3/1/18 5:06 pm
From: Walt Chambers <chambersw...>
Subject: [GABO-L] West Point Dam - 3/1
Hit WP Dam this evening from about 4-6:15p.. A little bit different batch of stuff than what was there 2 days ago. First note.. Did NOT see any Long-tailed Ducks today. Did get some Goldeneye that I didn't have 2 days ago. Gull numbers were down a bit more as well, but did have a single Lesser Black-backed Gull. Also had a fairly early Caspian Tern on one of the buoys...Anyway, here's what was noted...

Canada Goose - 7

Mallard - 4

Lesser Scaup - 3

Bufflehead - 58

Common Goldeneye - 8 (all female)

Hooded Merganser - 2

Common Loon - 32

Pied-billed Grebe - 8

Double-crested Cormorant - 225

Osprey - 2

Bald Eagle - 1

Bonaparte's Gull - 38

Ring-billed Gull - 1123

Herring Gull - 10

Lesser Black-backed Gull - 1 adult; first I seen here in a while...

Caspian Tern - 1; earliest personal "spring" record here

Forster's Tern - 14

Also had my foty Barn Swallow in Columbus today.. c'mon, Spring...

Walt Chambers

Instructions for subscribing (and the guidelines) are found here: Please read the guidelines before posting.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>