Date: 3/1/18 11:04 am
From: mike rader <mike_rader...>
Subject: Larned White-winged Crossbill

I went up to Larned this morning to see if I could locate the male White-winged Crossbill that was seen and photographed at the home of Donnie Kazmaier on 2/28/18. Don was not home when I got there a little before 9:00 am, but he and Kathy arrived a little later. We caught up and BS'd for a while until the bird showed up at 9:50am to his feeder. It flew away quickly, but we saw it back four more times in the next hour or so. Pretty bird! Don has a lot of photos that he's taken of it, so maybe when his computer is back up and going, he can share some. Scott Seltman has some photos he'd taken of it yesterday as well.

Don said he's happy to host birders that want to come and look for it, so if you do, you will be treated to lively conversation from one of the most genuine and nicest guys I know - I'm proud to call him a friend for sure!

Mike Rader
Wilson and/or Pratt,??KS

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to