Date: 3/1/18 9:49 am
From: pat.mary.taylor <pat.mary.taylor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Repair Leica Trinovids

I was given a pair of Leica Trinovid 8x42 BN some 10 years ago. I assume they are 10-15 years old. As such I do not have the lifetime warranty document. The focus wheel is all but frozen in place and the knob on top that pulls up to free the individual eye focus will not move freeing the individual eye focus. I understand that this is a constant problem with this brand. I have written Leica who will not give me an estimate for repair, asking that they be sent in with Visa particulars. There weight is such that I do not wish to spent a fortune for repair using instead a light pair of moderately priced bins I have at home.

Has anyone out there had this problem and had them repaired and if so what was the fee? Can anyone recommend a repair shop that would be willing to give me an estimate? As anyone repaired them on their own (instructions)?

Keith Taylor
Victoria BC

Tweeters mailing list
Join us on Facebook!