Date: 2/28/18 9:20 pm
From: Martha Jordan <mj.cygnus...>
Subject: [Tweeters] URGENT-Need info help re: swans
Sadly it appears that there is another trouble area for lead poisoning
in swans.
Several Trumpeter Swans have been picked up from Tapps Lake in north Pierce
County. We are now reaching out to the birding community to ask if you have
seen or know of any swans observed sick or dead in the general area of
Sumner-Kent-Enumclaw- Puyallup-Tapps Lake or surrounds.
We also are requesting any and all swan sightings in this general area
over the past 4 weeks. This is important as it takes swans about 14-21 days
to die from lead ingestion. Sightings from previous weeks may help us learn
about where the lead they are eating is coming from.
At this time WDFW has become involved and we are working with them to
learn more about the situation, monitor and hope that this is not the
beginning of a larger mortality event.
Send your information to me off the list. If you have ideas or
suggestions, please pass those along as well.
Thank you for your assistance with this situation.

Martha Jordan
Executive Director
Northwest Swan Conservation Association
206-713-3684 cell or <mj.cygnus...>