Date: 2/28/18 5:55 pm
From: Rob Blye <rwblye...>
Subject: Re: Middle Creek -- Frog Question -- Snow Geese, Tundra Swans -- Lancaster County
I agree with Ellen. The first time I heard wood frogs, I was a college
student in upstate New York. I was walking in the woods in early Aarch with
a room-mate when we heard what we thought was a flock of turkeys or maybe
even quacking ducks. We snuck up on the sound to find a shallow vernal pool
full of frogs. Wood frogs sound like ducks or turkeys. Spring peepers make
a high pitched whistling sound. I would go with wood frogs under the

Robert W. Blye
34603 Doe Run
Lewes DE 19958-3332
302 945-8618
610 213-2413 mobile

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 5:01 PM, Denise Donmoyer <nightowl57...>

Join us on Facebook!