Date: 2/28/18 5:33 pm
From: John Besser <jbesser1...>
Subject: Columbia Audubon Society Field Trip to Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area -- Saturday March 3, 2018
Things are shaping up nicely for the CAS field trip to Eagle Bluffs this

Numbers and diversity of waterfowl have been increasing, as have the water
levels in the wetland pools. Weather forecast looks great. Bring a scope
and an FRS radio if you have them, but we will have some to share.

Here’s our tentative itinerary -- subject to change, depending of where the
birds are!

830-900 AM: Katy Trail parking lot in McBaine (look for sparrows;
organize carpools & radios)

900 AM: Bur Oak Rd/Star School Rd (larks, hawks, sparrows)

930 AM: River Supply channel (diving ducks)

1000 AM: Pool 5 overlook (dabbling ducks, raptors)

1030 AM: Pool 10 / end of one-way loop (marsh birds, sparrows)

1100 AM: Pool 14 overlook (Ducks, geese, pelicans, gulls,
waders, raptors)

1130 AM: Return to McBaine/home

Stay for bird walk:

Pool 14 (open wetland and MO River riparian zone)

Pool 8 (open marsh and wooded wetlands)

South River trail (mature bottomland forest)

Junction box (fields, marsh, and open water)

Katy Trail (wooded bluffs, Perche Creek, wetland unit #1)

1230 PM: Return to McBaine/lunch?/home

John Besser (email <jbesser1...>; cell 573-639-221*1*

John Besser
Columbia MO

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

Join us on Facebook!