Date: 2/28/18 4:44 pm
From: Derek Courtney <derek.dana.courtney...>
Subject: Short-eared Owl(s) still around --- Mon. County
Hi all,

I caught a couple of brief glimpses of at least one Short-eared Owl this
evening west of Mylan Park. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time I have seen
the species here since the CBC so they are tough to spot, but good to know
they have (presumably) hung around. Scope is pretty helpful scanning from
the church parking lot. A nice flock of Turkey vultures kettling down to
roost somewhere as well. And there has been an Eastern Screech-Owl calling
pretty regularly in the pre-dawn hours near my house close to the football
stadium. That is something I have very rarely heard in my neighborhood.
Warmer temps have me looking forward to spring and some migrants. Best
wishes to you all.

Good birding,
Join us on Facebook!