Date: 2/28/18 2:08 pm
From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt...>
Subject: [obol] Springtime?
Hello Oregon birders,
Is it early for a fledged Robin?
I'm in the Portland area and saw one in the tall grass yesterday. I also
heard a BLACK HEADED GROSBEAK last night at 6:00 in Lake Oswego. I saw a
Fox Sparrow for only the second time today, and had four BUSHTITS yesterday
at my feeders, the first I've seen since last summer. There was a pair of
Red-breasted Nuthatches here yesterday, I haven't seen them as much the
last few weeks. The Bewick's Wren is making regular visits to the suet
right now, and seeing occasional Spotted Towhee visits. I haven't seen a
Golden-Crowned or White-Crowned Sparrow here all winter. I usually see them
when we get cold temperatures. Dark-eyed Juncos are here in larger numbers
than before, and the ubiquitous Black-Capped Chickadees seem to have
dropped in their numbers (as the Juncos increased). We still have Song
sparrows daily.

I saw a good sized flock of
Robins Sunday off SW Gerber Rd. near SW Springwater Rd, south of the
Clackamas River during my monthly raptor route. I'm enjoying watching the
Golden Eagles on the live cam. (And hearing a howling wolf right now on the
Great Gray Owl cam, unusual for the daytime).

Linda, Tigard

*Linda Lee*

Join us on Facebook!