Date: 2/28/18 2:03 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Fwd: vultures - hint don't look in trees
> From: Aubin Maynard <amaynard...><mailto:<amaynard...>>
> Date: February 28, 2018 at 4:19:14 PM EST
> Question for you. Do you know if vultures nest anywhere in the Anacostia
> Watershed? I see them everywhere, but never seen them nesting.

in the pages FAQs

American vultures DO NOT nest in trees. They lay their eggs on the
ground, in caves, hollow logs or other cavelike structures. Sometimes
the nest (which doesn’t appear nestlike at all) will be a simple dip,
scratched into the ground, seemingly out in the open.

Page is worth a visit just to check out the LOGO...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -
Join us on Facebook!