Date: 2/28/18 12:22 pm
From: Kit Larsen <kit...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Wednesday morning
Eugene Wednesday Morning birding

We had a cold and abbreviated morning at Delta Ponds with threatening
rains. A pair of Hooded Mergansers were near the path and showed
beautiful reflection and none of brought our camera. A cluster of male
Green-winged Teal were active with feather display and fighting with
each other and showing off for one female in their midst. We heard the
start of the spring song of the Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

I include Sylvia's eBird posting with a couple of additions.

1 Domestic goose sp. (Domestic type)
X Canada Goose
X Cackling/Canada Goose -- midsize geese
2 Wood Duck
5 Northern Shoveler
13 Gadwall
25 Mallard
18 Green-winged Teal (American)
11 Ring-necked Duck
3 Lesser Scaup
8 Bufflehead
1 Common Goldeneye -- male
4 Hooded Merganser -- 2 pair
5 Pied-billed Grebe
12 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Great Blue Heron (Blue form)
11 American Coot
1 Herring Gull (American)
2 gull sp. -- large gull
X Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)
3 Anna's Hummingbird
1 Belted Kingfisher
1 Downy Woodpecker (Pacific) -- male
1 Northern Flicker (Red-shafted)
4 California Scrub-Jay
3 American Crow
6 Tree Swallow
2 swallow sp.
1 Black-capped Chickadee
7 Bushtit (Pacific)
1 White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific)
5 Brown Creeper
2 Bewick's Wren
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
13 American Robin
2 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)
4 Golden-crowned Sparrow
2 Song Sparrow (rufina Group)
2 Spotted Towhee (oregonus Group)
1 House Finch -- flyover calling.

Golden-crowned Kinglet
Varied Thrush

with Sylvia Maulding, Tom Cable, Randy Sinnott, Scott McNeeley, Judy
Franzen, Jim Regali, John Polo, Cindy Armstrong, Ellen Cantor

Kit Larsen
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
OBOL archives:
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>