Date: 2/28/18 11:21 am
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), 28-Feb-2018
Hello Texbirders,
Happiness is the first-of-season Scissor-tailed Flycatcher! And a flyover
of noisy Sandhill Cranes! Cedar Waxwings too! A gorgeous Indigo Snake was
icing on the cake. It is a good thing new birds are beginning to pass
through because our wintering ones are leaving. For the first time this
season, we did not have a single duck at Willow Lakes. Migration is
starting and every day is different. Guided walks leave from the Visitor
Center at 8:30 am every day but Sunday. All are welcome.
Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
Alamo, Texas