Date: 2/28/18 10:40 am
From: Gerald Kruth <00000005ead0dac6-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Nestboxe project at Moraine State Park, Butler Co
Anyone interested in assisting a one-day nestbox project at MoraineState Park next week(end)?

Last spring, Bartramian Audubon of Slippery Rock, and thePark, were successful in having plantings of six nestbox-laden telephonepoles in the Porter’s Cove area. Theyare designed for the local Tree Swallow and Bluebird populations, and hopefullywill replace the snags that have collapsed into the lake in the last several years.

ThePorter’s Cove boat launch is the first site; the bridle trail east the other.

There are three dozen boxes of several styles, on sixpoles. We are researching which boxes atwhich height had been taken last year, and all must be cleaned. Most boxes are accessible from standing. A small ladder will be available to reach afew at the upper limits, so a healthy person will be up a few rungs. It will requirefrom one to two hours only.

We need someone who’d be interested to do this cleaning andtake notes. Is it you?

We are planning this at your preference,Friday, March 9th, or Saturday, March 10th.
If available please reply off-line to Jerry Kruth, <gkruth...>

Thanks, and good birding.

Join us on Facebook!