Date: 2/28/18 10:11 am
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: MS kite, Koch property, Northampton County
Knowing that today's warmth and time of year would push early raptor migrants north, I went outside at 10 this morning and wasn't disappointed in the half hour I sat looking. The subadult MS kite came off the ridge that runs NE through our valley and actually came in right overhead and relatively low. I watched it for several minutes and it eventually disappeared over the far eastern horizon in the direction of the Jersey Alpha fields. However, I don't know how many, if any, birders were over there this morning looking for the gyr or if anyone over there picked it up. Other species seen, in addition to vultures, were a kestrel, 3 Cooper's hawks, a sharpie, 3 red-shouldered hawks, several redtails (some were no doubt locals), lots of Canada geese, and a great blue heron.
  Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>
Join us on Facebook!