Date: 2/28/18 7:52 am
From: Karan Fairchild <alderspr...>
Subject: [obol] early morning kettle, Benton County
Hi All-I saw a surprising thing this morning, on my way to work about 7:15am. While driving on Hwy 34, I saw a kettle of 14 large birds, just west of Philomath. Being not a very bright day, and having no optics, I couldn't make them out very well, but at least 5 were TURKEY VULTURES, and maybe all of them were. After kettling for a bit, they streamed off to the north. Seemed kind of early in the morning for such activity, and not even fully light yet! But a very encouraging sight on the last day of February. Karan Fairchild
Join us on Facebook!