Date: 2/28/18 6:04 am
From: Laura Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Golden Eagle Fulton Co.
Ronda Barnett just shared this very sad story with me and also sent a
picture verifying it is a golden eagle.
From Ronda:

"My sister-in-law sent me a photo of a bird in her yard. I couldn't tell
what it was because of the poor quality of the picture. I thought it may be
a red-shouldered. She got very close to it to take the photo and I thought
it may be hurt, so I went over to her place. When I walked up to it, I said
My God it's a golden eagle. We called the game commission thinking they
could take it to Centre Wildlife Care, but unfortunately before they even
got there, it died. They are taking it to be checked for lead shot. The
whole incident upset me greatly, to think I carried a golden eagle in my
arms but it was dead. And I had never seen one except in the air.

Just to add a thought, this is along the flyway of migration. There was
another eagle in the air, flying high above it. It circled a couple times
and left. My thought is that it was an immature golden, possibly an

Ronda Barnett, Taylor Township, Fulton Co. PA

Sent by Laura Jackson
Bedford Co.
Join us on Facebook!