Date: 2/27/18 1:16 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] RBGU on the move
On 2/27/18, Warblerick <ricksussman1955...> wrote:
> For the past several days, flocks of Ring-billed Gulls have been passing
> over heading north. Yesterday they were rather low, with the cloudy weather.
> Today they're flying pretty high, circling, then heading due north.

This is the time of year when a RBGU migration also occurs up the
Potomac River and westwards. I observed two or three flocks yesterday
while on the canal towpath opposite Harpers Ferry. Some years when
the flight is in full gear the fields around Brunswick are full of

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County MD
M.O.S. member, Washington [WA] Co Chapter

To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here -
Join us on Facebook!