Date: 2/27/18 10:10 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: White-tailed Kites in mid-Willamette Valley 2000-2007 [LONG]
P.S. A couple of corrections on the kite compilation that I posted:

1. The labels "2003-04:" etc. are not ASC Chat volume/issue numbers,
which would be more like 32(8). This was my own parallel numbering
system, indicating the year and sequence for columns for a given year.

2. In a couple of places, the "Lincoln Prairie overlook" is mentioned.
This was an apocryphal name for the North Prairie overlook at Finley
NWR, which flourished among some of us for a year or two before Molly
Monroe asked where it came from. It turned out that none of us who were
using the name knew the answer to that question, and each of us had
assumed that the others knew something that we didn't. I still think it
would be a good name.

Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

POST: Send your post to <obol...>