Date: 2/27/18 5:48 am
From: Betsy MacMillan <betsymac5...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Unusual Canada Goose Behavior
Yesterday at Bradstreet Landing on a very small beach on Lake Erie in Cuyahoga County I watch several Canada Geese eating fish. Four or five geese were pecking, pulling, and/or picking up and shaking medium/large fish to dislodge pieces to eat. I wondered if other Ohioans have witnessed this behavior. I did find one source online that said their diets of grasses and grains could be supplemented with small fish or crustaceans, but most sources did not. I have pictures on my eBird report and took a video.
What an adaptable bird!
Happy birding!

Sent from my iPhone

Please consider joining our Society, at