Date: 2/26/18 2:54 pm
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), 26-Feb-2018 TAKE TWO
Realizing I forgot to add four Pine Siskins to the morning's bird list as
Santa Ana, I am sending a second email. The siskins were on the Willow
Trail along Willow Lakes 4, in the tall spanish moss covered trees, along
with mixed flocks of other birds.
Below is this afternoon's list from Pintail Lakes and the front entrance
pond, places we did not go this morning. A few species not seen earlier
were added, notably Nashville Warbler, Green Kingfisher, American Kestral,
Peregrine Falcon, and Lesser Scaup. Belted Kingfisher, heard only this
morning, was also seen.

For anyone intending to visit the refuge, I'll take this opportunity to
recommend bug spray and/or protective clothing layers. The best birding
spots are buggy and it is much more pleasant when you are prepared for that.

Laura Paulson
Santa Ana NWR Volunteer
Alamo, Texas