Date: 2/26/18 2:12 pm
From: Elaine & Marty Cohen <buckeye4c...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] hawk ID question
today and at least a couple other times this winter, we have seen in flight
at tree top height and in areas of mixed trees and open space, but not wide
open fields, a hawk which has the general appearance and behavior (flaps
alternating with glides) of a red tail, darker on top and lighter below, no
obvious tail bands, but with a distinct white rump (as seen from above).
do red tails in certain color/age morphs have such white rumps? really
doesn't seem to be harriers.

- the Cohens

Please consider joining our Society, at