Date: 2/26/18 1:47 pm
From: Sebastian C <sc11birds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Seeking used bird field guide books for students
I started a birding project last June, encouraging kids and families to
explore birds and birdwatching. I am focusing on increasing more diversity
in the birding community and in the birding field. As a young birder, I
would also like to see more of us. I was amazed how there were not many
young birders in Texas compared in others states. I hope to change that by
teaching kids birding.

This is why I would like to humbly ask Texas birders if they have any
unwanted, used bird field guide books to donate to AISD Barrington
Elementary School students in NE Austin. I was self-taught at the age 7
with an Audubon book. I would have never dreamed the an Audubon book would
have changed my life. Now, I hope it will change several kids life too.

AISD Barrington Elementary School became the 1st recipient of the Austin
Children's Outdoor Bill ( Austin's Cities Connecting Children to Nature
Initiative, the Parks and Recreation Department, along with dozens of
partner organizations. November 1, 2016).
This grant provided Barrington Elementary School to build a garden center
and several green space for their school. Next month, they will celebrate
their completion of their greenspace. The Barrington Green School Park
Celebration will be on March 24. I will be there volunteering leading
birding by ear walks. I will have a table there to distribute birding
resources and I hope to distribute used bird field guide books for the
students. That's where I need your help. I will need donated books by March
19. Please email me off list if you would like to donate a book. If you
would be interested in helping out and volunteering your time and talent to
this awesome celebration email me off list. Thanks!

Happy Birding,
Sebastian Casarez
Hutto, Texas
The Texas Blue Jay Project