Date: 2/26/18 10:48 am
From: Fred Bouchard <frederickbouchard...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Gallinaceous? My gracious!
A phalanx of frenzied fowl went sauntering near noon through my Belmont
neighborhood, a score plus one of Wild Turkeys, gabbling away, slowing
traffic, and led by 2-3 displaying toms. That is the largest flock I have
ever seen (Habitat gangs seldom exceed a dozen), expect perhaps at (was
it?) West Farm, Petersham in the halcyon days of the '80s. This uproarious
rafter was briefly beset by a Red-tailed Hawk, who made a couple of low
feints, and then evidently thought better of it.
Fred B
78 farnham st
belmont 02478 ma
617-484-6692 <(617)%20484-6692>

'One ought, every day, to hear a little song, read a good poem, sip a tasty
see a fine picture, and if possible, to speak a few reasonable words.'
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Join us on Facebook!